Haven of Kindred Spirits is dedicated to enlightenment
and education of and about our kind. This includes sharing ideas and experiences
in the form of classes. Classes are taught at Meets and special events hosted by
Haven and any who have attended open Meets in the past and have signed the Code
of Honor agreement are welcome to attend Class Meets and Events.
The Code of Honor agreement applies to all members
of Haven. The Code is for both on-line and off-line community members and is subject
to change. This code is pretty basic, and mostly common sense, but the lack of adherence
to these principals has disrupted past Meets enough to give cause for this agreement.
- No flaming on message boards or in chats.
- No arguments – debate is encouraged, but pointless argumentation is not.
- We can and will have varying opinions. Be open to others opinions and try
to understand or agree to disagree. Always remember that there is never only one right way.
- Honesty is a base of our community.
- Do not slander (or libel) another.
- We are here for many reasons…some to learn and teach…do
not discourage this. If you are not interested, just do not
listen…do not discourage others from listening.
- Treat all others with respect.
- Do not proclaim to be what you are not. Anyone found to be
posing as someone or something they are not will be banned
from the community.
- Everyone expresses themselves in a different way. If you
are unsure of the meaning of a comment or post, ask before
jumping to conclusions.
- We live in the 21st century… expect to hear a bit of
profanity occasionally. If you are uncomfortable with
someone’s use of profanity, express this; maybe they do
not realize they are being offensive.
- If something is told in confidence, it remains in confidence. (*some
- Do not pry into others personal lives. Others tell only
what they feel comfortable telling…the only exception
is that the Inner Circle or Counsil does retain a right
to ask personal information, in confidence, if necessary.
- No fighting among members…verbal, physical, magickal…it
will not be tolerated. Any fight that ensues will be
directed to arbitration to be dealt with.
- Arbitration on behalf of the Counsil is available to any
one who requests it…if you are summoned to take part
in arbitration it means there is an issue that must be
addressed and you must comply. This is done in order
to keep the peace.
- Those found in violation of any code will receive warning and possible
moderation. Upon your third warning, you may be suspended from participation
in Haven or put on a probationary period. (*some acceptions apply*)
- Those on probation will be suspended if further infractions
occur or permanently suspended if their conduct is detrimental to Haven.
- Affiliations with Houses, Covens, groups, etc. are allowed without
question. (*some acceptions apply*)
- If you chose to promote Haven or use our name, please
do it in an appropriate and respectful manner. Remember
that those reflections upon Haven are reflections upon all members.
- Participation on and/or offline is not mandatory to be
a member of the community. Although, your involvement
is taken into consideration when it comes to the decision
making process on Haven issues.
- If you are interested in promoting your group/event through Haven,
it must first be cleared through Counsil. Email a moderator or group
owner before posting advertisements or promotions. Those who use the
group as their personal advertising space will be moderated.
- Haven has a list of affiliate groups that are allowed to
share and promote their groups/events without question.
These are individuals/groups that have already followed
protocol and have prior permission to do so. If you are
interested in being part of our affiliates, please
- All photos uploaded to the photos section of the online
groups are subject to approval and must not be pornographic
- All files uploaded to the online groups are subject to approval.
- Most importantly, be who you are, enjoy and have fun!
Acceptions do not apply to general community membership. Acceptions
may apply to Counsil members. Acceptions may also include the purpose
of defaming of Haven or its members, starting drama, or leadership positions
in groups that are detrimental to Haven (not applicable to general Haven
If you are planning to attend a closed Meet or Event, expect to be asked to
sign this code of honor in written format as your agreement to adhere
to it. Failure to do so may result in your being asked to leave.
Allow me to clarify that if you are not interested in
learning the lesson of the class, or in aiding the learning of others, you are not
expected to be there. No one is forcing you to be at any of the Meets closed or
otherwise, but if your focus is merely to socialize, please attend our Open Meets
and allow the group at the Closed Meets to learn as they wish.
Please note that some classes taught are directed toward subjects
that may not be suitable for children and therefore may require all students to be 18 or over.
Exceptions apply with specific parental permission. A parental/guardian consent form can be filled
out and given to the Haven Council in order to attend a class focusing on a more mature topic.
If you are interested in teaching a class, please contact someone in the Haven
Counsil with your intent and what topic you would like to teach.
We do have a screening process for those who would like to share thier
knowledge and skills; and there are certain guidelines that must be
followed. We do this to ensure that those teaching are in fact knowledgeable
about their subject matter and have the dedication to be on our teaching
staff. We also allow 'special guest' teachers which can be anyone from
a general member to an outside party. The special guest teachers do
not have to become a permanant part of our teaching staff, but still
need the lesson cleared by the staff prior to teaching.